Terms & Conditions
Last Updated 30/11/2021
Following are the terms and conditions for use of the ChatFriends.co.uk website and it's service. (Each feature of the ChatFriends.co.uk website individually and collectively referred to as the "Service").
Please read them carefully. This service is provided to individuals who are 18 years or older. Each and every visitor of ChatFriends.co.uk website should agree to this Terms of Service. Any person who does not agree to this Terms of Service should leave the ChatFriends.co.uk website immediately. The Service is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein
1. Membership, Usernames And Passwords
To obtain membership with ChatFriends.co.uk, you must complete the registration process by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the Registration Form. You also must choose a username and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your username. If in the event of unauthorized account use, you agree to notify ChatFriends.co.uk immediately of this breach of security.
2. Restricted Emails
Temporary email, private domain addresses are not permitted when registering for a ChatFriends account. We accept FREE UK email providers only.
3. Email Privacy
It is ChatFriends.co.uk's policy to keep members email addresses private. Member email addresses will not be displayed to any other person or in public. Moderators/Admins of ChatFriends do not have access to member email addresses or details provided during the registration process.
4. VIP Memberships, Prices and Refunds
Registered members of the service are entitled to upgrade to a VIP account for a charge set out within the VIP section. This will activate the following VIP member features:
1. Send & Receive Text and Voice Messages
2. Private Image Uploads
3. YouTube & Giphys API Searches
4. Unlimited Username Changes & Colour Font Changes
5. Static/Animated Profile Covers
6. Private, Public & VIP Room Creation
VIP Prices can be found on our VIP page and whilst being logged in to your ChatFriends account in the VIP tab.
ChatFriends.co.uk do not offer refunds on VIP memberships. All sales are final and will not be refunded.
5. VIP Payment Processing
VIP Payments are processed using our online payment processor PayPal.com. Please note: We do not hold payment details on our server. All VIP memberships are applied automatically after payment using PayPal's API service. Should our service or PayPal's API service be unavailable, we will manually add your VIP membership to your account within 24hrs.
6. Member Public Uploads
Because of third party advertising rules and regulations, we ask all users of our service not to upload images of a sexual nature or any other adult explicit material within our Public/VIP chat rooms. Users found uploading such material will be banned from using the ChatFriends service.
7. Chat Room & Private Message History
Chat room history is kept for three days and private message history is kept for seven days, after this time, your personal messages and chat logs will be deleted from the ChatFriends servers. VIP members will have access to the above chat rooms history, whilst basic and guests accounts can only view limited logs.
8. Service & Member Conduct
As a condition of your use of the Service, you warrant to ChatFriends.co.uk that you will not use the Service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. The Service is provided to individuals only and for personal use only. Any unauthorized commercial use of the Service, or the resale of the service, is expressly prohibited. You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations and are solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under your username or password, including the content of your transmissions through the Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to:
- Use the Service in connection with surveys, contests, schemes, chain messages, junk messages, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any non-personal purpose.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, without their consent.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message.
- Download or otherwise copy, transmit or send (whether or not for a fee) information, content or images from ChatFriends.co.uk to a person or entity that is not a member of the Service.
- Transmit or upload any material that contains scripts, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, bots, or any other harmful or deleterious programs which may affect the ChatFriends.co.uk website functionality.
- Transmit or upload any material that contains software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity or any other applicable law unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the Service or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service, through password mining or any other means.
- Interfere with another members use and enjoyment of the Service or another individuals or entitys use and enjoyment of similar services.
ChatFriends.co.uk has no obligation to monitor the Service or any users use thereof or retain the content of any user session. However, ChatFriends.co.uk reserves the right at all times to monitor, review, retain and/or disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request.
9. Muted, Kicked, Hidden and Banned Accounts
ChatFriends.co.uk will immediately mute, kick, hide or ban users if they fail to adhere to our chat room rules. (https://www.chatfriends.co.uk/rules) Members bans are permanent, unless stated. (Banned members email, personal uploads, and user information will be immediately deleted) . This decision is final and any remaining VIP membership will not be refunded.
10. Links To Third Party Services
The Links or Hyperlinks included within the Service may let you leave the Service. The linked sites may or may not under the control of ChatFriends.co.uk website and is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites.
ChatFriends.co.uk is providing these links only as a convenience to its visitors, and the inclusion of any link does not necessarily imply endorsement by ChatFriends.co.uk of the site or any association with their operators.
11. Disclaimer/Limitation Of Liability
The information and services included in or available through the Service may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. ChatFriends.co.uk and/or its respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the Service at any time.
ChatFriends.co.uk cannot verify the information provided by its members. Members are completely responsible while contacting other members. Any transaction including exchange of information, messages between the members is completely the responsibility of the members involved in the transaction.
ChatFriends.co.uk does not represent or warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Service or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. ChatFriends.co.uk does not warrant or represent that the use or the results of the use of the Service or the materials made available as part of the Service will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable.
You specifically agree that ChatFriends.co.uk shall not be responsible for unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data, any material or data sent or received or not sent or received, or any transactions entered into through the Service. You specifically agree that ChatFriends.co.uk is not responsible or liable for any threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive or illegal content or conduct of any other party or any infringement of another rights, including intellectual property rights. You specifically agree that ChatFriends.co.uk is not responsible for any content sent using and/or included in the Service by any third party.
You agree to indemnify and hold ChatFriends.co.uk, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless from any claim, demand, or damage, including reasonable barrister/solicitor/legal fees, asserted by any third party due to or arising out of your use of or conduct on the Service.
ChatFriends.co.uk may terminate your access to any part or all of the Service and any related service(s) at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, for any reason whatsoever.
ChatFriends.co.uk may also terminate or suspend your account for inactivity, which is defined as failing to sign-in to the Service for an extended period of time, as determined by ChatFriends.co.uk time to time. The amount of time that ChatFriends.co.uk currently considers as an extended period of time is 12 months. Upon termination of the Service, your right to use the Service ceases immediately
Moderators of the ChatFriends service that do not login within 90 days, will have their account rolled back to it's previous account level with or without notice.
If you wish to terminate your account at ChatFriends, you can discontinue the use of the Service by using our account deletion process from within your profile settings or by sending an email via our contact form.
14. Modifications To Terms Of Service
ChatFriends.co.uk reserves the right to change the Terms of Service or policies regarding the use of the Service at any time and to notify you by posting an updated version of the Terms of Service on this website. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
We have created these simple rules to ensure our amazing community runs smooth, and everyone is happy using ChatFriends.
Please do NOT:
- Harass, be disruptive, offensive or abusive towards our members or staff.
- Treat members any different to how you would treat someone in a real life situation.
- Share personal information in the main chat rooms. If you really want to share your details, please do this in a private message (at your own risk).
- Spam/share any other chat room website, social media account or any other URL's! In our Public/VIP rooms. We know our chat room is safe and would like our members to remain in a safe environment.
- Upload images of a sexual nature or images that are too revealing in your profile or in main chat.
- Ignore our staff and moderators, as volunteers they work very hard to make sure your chat experience is awesome.
- Type in any other language apart from English. This is a UK chat website only.